Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Tent Souq







Pictures from the Tent Souq.

The fellow with the ornate urn on his back is pouring cold tamarind juice. It reminded me of apple cider and because it can get hot in the tent the cool beverage hit the spot.

The man standing behind all the olives, cheese, and nuts is from Syria. The olives stuffed with lemon peel were the best I have had yet. The feta cheese in zattar flavored oil was also exceptional. I also bought almonds flavored with lemon juice and they were also wonderful. I hope to travel to Syria in November to try all the special food there first hand.

The last two photos show Dorelle and me with Faheem. He is from Kashmir, India and has a smile to brighten up the darkest nights. We bought a few things from him, one being the silk scarf I have in my hands. Dorelle bought that for her husband but I don't she can part with it.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home